Thursday, December 20, 2007

Burn ban status

Well, Monday morning I eagerly called our local "general store" to see how quickly I could purchase a burn permit. Nope. Gov. Easley didn't lift the ban even though we had rain (and in fairly substantial amounts in many places across the state). The locals recommended I call the Governor's Office directly to voice my concern. I called. They gave me a pat answer about lake levels being too low to fight any significant fires (there's not even a reservoir in my county but I didn't argue). So here we wait. Still. This morning we had a slight shower across much of this region (about an eighth to quarter of an inch) and there is a chance for more brief showers for the next 2-3 days. It's enough to keep me from hanging laundry but unfortunately not enough to make the one change we need. (Insert big sigh here). Maybe by next week......

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2242072/